When you understand your manager – determining working style, preferred communication style, process for handling conflict, etc. – you are equipped to more effectively manage your relationship with him/her. Learn how to manage expectations and communicate your achievement and areas for improvement more effectively. Be able to present problems and potential solutions in a way that your manager can respond effectively for business success. Managing upwards doesn’t have to be challenging or awkward when you know how.
- Understand the different behavioural styles
- Apply the knowledge of the different styles to communication and working styles
- Develop strategies for effective conflict handling
- Know managers expectations and how to manage yourself to meet expectations
- Adopt strategies for presenting problems for fast and effective solutions
- Be able to give feedback to your manager easily and confidently